This Friday evening Tony Mott (music photography legend), Joe Ferrara (Art Director of Rolling Stone Australia) and little old me are talking at the Australian Centre for Photography about “Rock Photography“.
Tony will give a 30 minute presentation which will leave you in awe of his career and give you plenty of chuckles – then it’s over to a panel discussion with all three of us which is chaired by Tali Udovich from Blender gallery.
Some of the things up for discussion will include:
- How to get started as a photographer?
- How do unknown photographers get their work published?
- When does the artist pay? When does the record company pay? When does the magazine pay? When don’t you get paid?
- How much can you expect to be paid for an image?
- On a technical level, what are the basics that you must ensure are in place with each image?
- What makes a great image?
We’ll be taking questions from the audience, so it’s your chance to find out from those working in the industry whatever you want to know.
I know i’ll certainly be keen to hear from Rolling Stone how you get an assignment from them these days. And how a freelance photographer can compete with the Getty behemoth.
If there’s anything in particular you’d like to ask, leave a comment here and i’ll make sure it gets addressed.