A quick look out the window then a look online confirmed that a dust storm of epic proportions had enveloped Sydney.
While the comfort of bed tempted me, the photographer in me decided to head out the door and take some pictures.
Starting on Parramatta Rd, i took a cab down to Circular Quay to shoot some pictures of Sydney’s iconic Harbour Bridge and Opera House shrouded in red dust.
There’s been no Photoshop editing of the colour of these shots, it really was that bizarre changing hue.
As you’d expect, twitter went nuts with tweets about the red morning.
Here’s some faves from my contacts:
- @AndyCatch: Today’s weather: Cloudy, slight chance of the Apocalypse Now.
- @inertiamusic: Props to the dude riding through the dust on his skateboard, while sparking up a durry. Lungs are for sissies.
- @SimonThomsen: If anyone sees Ava Gardner, Gregory Peck & Fred Astaire wandering around Sydney today, take the hint…
- @spodemonic: National Asthmatic day off work day #reddawn #bobhawke
- @libby_lancaster: whoa sydney — easy on the fake tan!