Last night at the Sydney Opera House the inaugural SMAC awards were dished out.
Many of Sydney’s music and arts community were in attendance, saluting their peers, wearing nice frocks, admiring the view and getting pissed on the free booze.
The adorabubble Katherine and Kate from Greedy Hen. Winners of ‘Best Arts Newcomer’.
The KillaQueenz performed and were nominated for ‘Best Music Performance’.
The tallest troubador in town, Jack Ladder played a tune before scooting off to play his own show at Oxford Art Factory.
The bizarre and hilarious Pig Island were nominated for ‘Best Artist/Performer’ and performed a Billy Piper tune.
What could an award ceremony be this year without The Presets?
Fresh from similar wins at the J Awards and the ARIAs, they won ‘Record of the Year’ for Apocalypso. Despite all the fame, fortune and acclaim, they were graciously humble and obviously appreciative of the support FBi has always given them.
Spod enthralled the crowd with a performance with the Orsumettes and was also nominated for ‘Best Music Performance’.
After the awards were given out we all got sozzled on the free wine and Lovells.
- SMAC Of The Year – Fergus Linehan, Sydney Festival
- Remix the City – Biennale at Cockatoo Island
- SMAC in Your Face – Raise The Bar
- Best Music Event – Sydney Festival Becks Bar/Spiegeltent
- Best Music Performance – Dappled Cities
- Record of the Year – The Presets, Apocalypso
- Best Music Newcomer – Cloud Control
- Best Arts Event – Underbelly
- Best Visual Artist – Kill Pixie
- Best Actor / Performer – Brendan Cowell
- Best Arts Newcomer – Greedy Hen